Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Been Tired Lately, Haven't Had Much To Say, EXCEPT...

The Wings won against Nashville tonight, 5-3. WHOO HOO!! This puts them just 2 points behing Nashville in the run for first in the division. The game definitely started off slow, but became very good as time went on. Only two more games till the All-Star break. Halfway through the year--lots more hockey to go!

I really have been in quite a slump lately. Don't know if it's the time of year or if my thyroid is off-whack again. I just think I can WILL myself out of this, but it isn't happening. I have to do something, though.

From the "And This Is Something We Didn't See Coming?" news:
Lindsay Lohan is in rehab. Here is the story. Now I'm just waiting for the story telling of Paula Abdul going in! (If you haven't seen the tape of her disastrous interview, you can find it here.)

Don't know how many of you know about 'Veggie Tales,' but I love them. 'Veggie Tales' are a series of cartoons and products that teach values and Bible stories in a unique and fun way--by using 'vegetables' as the actors. The company behind this very successful product has been around for at least 13 years. I liken 'Veggie Tales' to 'The Muppet Show' as it appeals to both children and adults, but 'Veggie Tales' are more 'message-based' shows. The humor is fantastic--silly enough for children and sophisticated enough for adults. One of my favorite parts of any 'Veggie Tales' CD is 'Silly Songs With Larry.' Here is one of my favs:



And if ALL school lessons were this much fun, we wouldn't be able to keep kids away from school! Enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. I love Veggie Tales! My son was hooked on them at age 2 and even today we watch the NBC Saturday morning show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't watched the Saturday morning show--actually, I have a hard time understanding what 'morning' means! :) I remember shortly after the series came out, groups of kids at the local university would have 'Veggie Tale' watching parties. With the use of famous--or infamous--icons (remember seeing Sonny Bono's picture during a montage?), the kids thought they were a hoot. (And it certainly doesn't hurt that there actually is a message to each of the videos.)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...