Monday, January 15, 2007

We Have Winter

Anyone who has read this blog for awhile knows that I really don't mind winter--I don't even mind the snow all that much. What I DO mind is getting winter all at once! Yes, it has been snowing and doesn't look as if it will stop for a few more hours at least. K has to get the ol' snowblower out and start taking care of the driveway--hopefully not much more snow will come after he's done. It looks as if we will have 6" to 12" here in the city when it is all said and done. While that isn't a LOT of snow for us, it just isn't fun for it to come down all in one day.

I am just grateful we aren't experiencing the ice storms that Oklahoma, etc, are having. That's some nasty stuff! (Hope you are doing well, burg!)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you!

    We're just trying to stay warm.. It's supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight and 0 tomorrow night.. Brrrr!! I think that the ice is done pouring in though, thank God!

    Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'll stop complaining about the 1/2 inch we have outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're well, burg--you have been on my mind when I've watched the Weather Channel.

    Good to hear from you, cantellya! Be happy with the 1/2 inch and hope there isn't a whole lot more coming! :)

    We will be getting the cold and possibly some more snow, but that is what winter here is like, so it isn't surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, you and I differ on this one. One of my favorite things is when we get 12-14" of snow all in one day. I wish it happened more often than once every ten years (or so it seems). Maybe I should move farther up Nort'...

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...