Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I LOVE Anonymous Commentators!

Today I got a 'beat-down' by a commentator about my post Some People Shouldn't Reproduce. Here is what the anonymous one said:

"A simple Google search for "Merv Grazinski" gives you the straight dope. Among the top 10 Google hits:

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/lawsuits.html

http://www.stellaawards.com/bogus.html

People who buy these unsourced, quite obvious urban legends and use them as a basis for editorializing about the decline of our civilization are the ones who "should (...) not be allowed to reproduce", as this blogger so tastefully puts it."

Now, I have been lambasted at different times by commentators, but I usually ignore them. However, I AM going to comment about this for a couple of reasons.

The first is: The VERY NEXT POST that I did, I corrected myself. I was VERY embarrassed that I posted this in the first place, because I usually am SO cautious about passing on these things before checking whether or not they are real or urban legends. If this person would have looked a little bit further into my blog, he/she would have found my correction.

The second reason for my commenting on this: The person who lambasted me actually SEARCHED for this post. Not that he/she was searching for mine in particular, but any that mistakenly posted this as fact, not fiction. I would imagine the only reason for doing the search would be to try and belittle the writer of whatever blog happened to post this erroneous information.

So, whoever you are, anonymous commentator, I expect your apology in a swift and timely fashion. I don't EVER expect to get an apology, though--you are most likely the kind of person who just wants to be mean and will NEVER admit to making mistakes. (See, I can make generalized, nasty, comments, too.)

1 comment:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...