Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Year's Eve Tradition

I watched the Red Wings play their traditional New Year's Eve game and they won. The score was 6-2 against the Kings. While they played rather well, they started slacking off again late in the second period. If they played 60 minutes of full-out hockey, there wouldn't be a team able to beat them!

Filppula scored his first at-home goal--YAY! While what he WANTED to do would have made for an absolutely amazing goal, he couldn't quite pull it off and there was an element of luck to it. All in all, it was a goal and I'm sure he has no problem with however it happened.

I'm gearing up for the game tomorrow night. It will be bittersweet to watch them retire "The Captain's" number. If only he could have held out for a couple of more years--but he couldn't. He is missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...