Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday Ramblings

--I never would have believed it, but I am having withdrawal symptoms because the Wings won't be playing again till Friday. What will I do when the season is over?

--K saw the PCP today. While his blood pressure and cholesterol are pretty good--for someone who is otherwise healthy--the nephrologist wants the numbers much lower. So, he came home with two more prescriptions. He now will be taking Lipitor and another blood pressure med. If he keeps this up, he'll catch up to the amount of pills I take every day! (prescription AND supplements on my part)

--I don't now, or ever have, understood the appeal of American Idol. And after hearing about how mean the judges have been to these people, I don't understand it even more. (And, yes, those people 'ask for it' by putting themselves out there, but still...)

--It is not for me to judge, but I can't really believe that the parents of Shawn Hornbeck allowed him to be interviewed on TV this soon after his return. Despite their assurances that he wanted to do it, I think he shouldn't be making these kinds of decisions until he is an adult--they should be protecting him from all of this. And Oprah--the media whore herself--should be ashamed of herself that she would do this interview. (And, I have not seen the interview--I don't watch Oprah. I have read about this, though--take my opinion for what it is worth: NOTHING!)

--K really bummed me out when he revealed that he had been to the Big Boy restaurant for breakfast this morning! I was quite pissed--we were supposed to go together after the crowds died down. (The old restaurant burned down about three years or so ago and it just was rebuilt.)

--While all politicians are very good at talking without saying anything, I think Barak Obama has to be the best person EVER at this. He 'talks real purty,' but I can't find one bit of substance in what he has to say.

--I am soooo close to trying to put Linux on my computer. I would have done it already, but I am too dependent on programs that will only run on Windows. (As well as peripherals.) Doing a dual-boot WOULD solve the problem, though.

--I am getting new computer fever, the closer it gets to the day that Vista is put on the shelves.

--I think my next bigger purchase is going to be a Wii. I can't stand the thought that I don't have one already.

--'Heroes' returns tonight after many weeks--I can't wait! I will also be watching 'Prison Break'--hooray!!--and '24.' A good night of TV. Tomorrow night: 'Gilmore Girls' and 'Veronica Mars.' AND the YoungStars game and SuperSkills competition will be on Versus. (This is hockey. :)) Be still my heart!

--The AllStar game is on Versus on Wednesday night--can't decide if I will be cheering or booing. Too many players I don't like will be playing.

--I have to get in touch with a close friend this week. We usually try to get together for dinner every 4 to 6 weeks and haven't really even talked since the end of November! Way too long for us not to visit. A friendship is really like a marriage: you have to work at keeping it alive!

--I really must be in a horrible slump--I have been thinking WAAAAY too much about things I want to buy. NOT things I need, just want to buy.

--K starts night shift tonight. Then he is off for three days, works another four days and THEN it will be long weekend. I REALLY hope we can go on a road trip--I REALLY need it!

--There are times--as when I'm cleaning up litter or hacked-up hairballs--that I would like my cat to not be here. As in dead. Then I feel very bad, because I love her so much.

--I'm so over the Hollywood award shows. I used to LIVE for them, but I now find them just so useless.

--Today is the 34th anniversary of the Supreme Courts decision to legalize abortion. It is a very sad day.

3 comments:

  1. My mom has said almost the exact same thing about that Obama character.. I haven't paid too much attention to the guy..

    I want a new computer really bad too. This one has been updated to capacity I'm pretty sure..

    And you're right about it being a sad day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was uncomfortable seeing that the Hornbeck boy was allowed to be interviewed too. I hope it doesn't jeopardize the court case in any way too.

    I love watching the Academy Awards each year. Some years it can be a bit boring but I still love to tune in to it.

    I haven't watched Oprah in the longest time. I saw a program recently about the opening of the girl's school in Africa and I will say that after seeing those happy little girls I did feel good about that....but she just seems so out of touch with someone like me. Have you ever looked at her O magazine? It just comes across as so pretentious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was beginning to think I was the ONLY person in the world who wasn't enamored with Obama--thanks for making me feel less alone! ;)

    Now, saying what I did about award shows--I am ashamed to admit I just might catch a few minutes of a couple. :) Yes, if there isn't a hockey game on, I just may tune in to the Oscars--who knows.

    Oprah's magazine seems to be a shrine onto her--at least by looking at the cover. Has there ever been an issue where she hasn't been on the cover? I really don't know, as I have never seen any more than the cover of the thing. I used to watch/like her, but when she completely dismissed anyone who wouldn't toe the line with her ideas, I lost any little bit of respect I may ever have had for her. Does she even let the audience speak anymore? Maybe not, since some of them had the balls to speak dissenting opinions.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...