Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Was Beginning To Get Scared

The Wings won tonight 4-3 in a shootout over Colorado. Now, a three game losing streak isn't really ALL that bad, but I was really starting to wonder if the team could get their shit together and play a good game again! Maybe they'll have a winning streak now.

I don't really know why those of us that are fans are having such a hard time with the Wings this year--after all, they aren't THAT far behind where they were at this same time last year. (Just a couple of points different.) We ALL knew the team would be far different from what we were used to--you can't just replace Stevie Y or Shanahan and expect things to stay the same. I am just as bad as the next person, but I don't think we give the players enough credit--they are trying to come together and build a new team. I guess we should accept a less than stellar year for them to get together and start making magic again. But again, I must say, THEY ARE NOT HAVING A REALLY BAD YEAR!!!

As a long-time hockey fan, a lot of my frustrations are with the division Detroit had been placed in. It is hard for us, as fans, to have to be 'up' for a game that starts at 10:30 local time (as was the case with the San Jose and LA games,) so I can just imagine how hard it is for the players to be beginning a game at a time when they are used to ENDING one. I definitely hope there will be a change in the way the divisions and conferences are made up next year--the rumors are flying and we can only wait to see what happens.

I was glad to see Chris Chelios back on the ice--he was missed. At the age of 45, he is still doing things during a game that much younger players could only WISH to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...