Friday, April 06, 2007

Datsyuk Signs


The Red Wings have signed Pavel Datsyuk to a new seven year contract--to the tune of $6-7 million a year! I think Ken Holland made the right move on this one--it would have been a disaster to let another team get Pav. Now Pav has nothing more to worry about than playing his best for the playoffs--always a plus. This will give him an almost $2 million-per-year raise in pay. My biggest concern is, what do they do for the rest of the guys? Like Zetterberg, Bertuzzi, Calder? With the salary cap, Detroit is not in the position of buying whoever they want for whatever amount like they were able to do in the past.

I just had to laugh out loud when I read the news, though. During the NBC broadcast of the game on Sunday, Brett Hull stated, ON THE AIR, that Pavel Datsyuk will DEFINITELY leave the Red Wings after this year is over. AND that he will be signed by the Washington Caps because Ovechkin is his best friend! I always knew Brett Hull just talked because he likes hearing himself talk, but this was just too much. Hull has got to be the most annoying person NBC has for hockey games. HIS contract should not be renewed for next year--it would make the game-of-the-week SO much better. Guess you didn't know what you were talking about after all, did you Brett? Tongue Out 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...