Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sweet Home Chicago

I do not now, nor have I ever lived in Chicago--and I don't want to. But what a weekend! I got to show my true self--that being a small town gal who lives just a block away from Hicksville where I was born and raised. Even though we didn't get a chance to drive the Miracle Mile or the Loop, we were close enough for me to gawk at all the big buildings. I even got to take pictures of the Chicago skyline.

For a bunch of non-city people, we did rather well. We didn't get lost at all--well, almost. I guess you can't call it getting lost if you find your way to where you want to go, but you wind up taking a different route than you were supposed to. This happened a couple of times--only once that could have been a disaster. This was the first time I was a bit disappointed in my Mapquest directions--they just were oh-so-slightly off. The only consequence of that: K and I almost got into a boxing match. But, those adult beverages I consumed helped take the edge off of my being pissed off at him, so all was okay.

Over the next few days I will go on and on and on about the trip--and I will post some pictures. I just had to get on here and say we are back home, the house is still here, the cat didn't pack up and leave out of pissyness that we weren't here to cater to her, and K and I are still talking to each other. What more can you want?

Did I ask what more can you want? Well, I guess nothing today: THE RED WINGS WON THE FIRST ROUND OF THE QUEST FOR THE CUP! Missing the last two games of the series is the only thing that was bad about the weekend--but I've gotten over it 'cause THE RED WINGS WON! Now they start playing San Jose on Thursday for the next round. And I start chewing my fingernails again. Hot damn.

Celebration Dance

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back...glad you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had fun in Chicago. I love going there. Hannah and I honored you on Saturday by watching the Red Wings game.

    Oh, never--and I mean never--trust Mapquest directions. Both times I have used them I was at least a mile from my destination when the directions were done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea pictures!!

    I'm glad you had fun and that you're back safe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dazd: Thank you!

    kristi: I am so very jealous that you got to watch the game! From what I read, it was quite something.

    We have NEVER had as many problems with Mapquest--don't know why this time.

    burg: Thanks! And I will start putting up some pics tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...