Saturday, April 28, 2007

Red Wings 3, Sharks 2

I am about the most pessimistic person in the world--I DEFINITELY will NEVER see the glass as half-full--but I really had every reason to be that way for the first 13 minutes of today's game. The Wings played just about the worst hockey I have ever seen! And then they got their first goal--and the tide turned. From then till the end of the game, they played their little hearts out and managed to win with only 1:24 left to the game. The win today gives me hope, but it doesn't turn my pessimism to optimism: they still have to win at least one game in San Jose if they want to take the series. They have a long, hard fight on their hands!



-Detroit Red Wings' Pavel Datsyuk (13), of Russia, collects the puck to shoot the go-ahead goal against San Jose Sharks goalie Evgeni Nabokov, of Kazakhstan, in the third period of an NHL hockey Western Conference semifinal in Detroit, Saturday, April 28, 2007. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...