Thursday, April 12, 2007

This Was Nuckin' Futz

A hockey game is made up of 3 periods. Each period is 20 minutes long. During the playoffs, there are no shootouts, so a tie game goes to sudden-death overtime. Each overtime period lasts 20 minutes--unless someone scores, of course. Last night's Dallas-Vancouver game ended in a tie. They played 2 minutes less than 4 overtimes before Vancouver finally scored to end the game. So, they played a total of 2 and 1/3 games before there was a winner. From the beginning of the game to the end, it was 5+ hours. And they play again tomorrow night. Now THAT is nuckin' futz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...