Sunday, April 15, 2007

Words Fail Me!



I went to read burg's blog, as I do every day, and I had the sweetest surprise--she gave me a 'thinker blog' award. I am honored, thrilled, humbled, and totally speechless! (And if you knew me in person, you would know what an achievement it is to render me speechless!) Now, I am tagged and have to list 5 blogs that make me think. So, here goes:


First, here are the rules--

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2
.
Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3
.
Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).


Now, for the blog's that make me think.

To begin with, I do have to mention burg--although I will not have her as one of my five, simply because she tagged me first. There are more times than I can recall where I have read her blog and thought to myself that she is the child I never knew I had! She can make me laugh, cry, and say, 'You got THAT right!' I would miss not being able to keep up with her life. Thank you, again, for putting me as one of your five.

1) You're Shitting Me, Right?
'Ranger' Tom is the writer of this blog. I have read Tom for years--his was one of the first blogs I read regularly. He is definitely NOT politically correct--and he doesn't care! From his political rants to his funny photos, he is a good read. Tom hasn't been updating as regularly these days because he is in the process of moving and planning a wedding. Tom is getting married to (possibly) the first blogger I read regularly, cantellya. I KNEW there was something between them before they did, and I am thrilled they are together. They are two of my most favorite people I have never met! (I didn't list cantellya as one of my five, because she hasn't been able to post regularly for awhile.)

2) As I See It...And That's All That Really Matters, Isn't It?
Doug is the author of this blog, and he is a funny, funny man. Doug isn't as prolific as other bloggers--he posts once a week--but his stories are good enough to keep you going all week! The stories range from childhood memories--and his best friend Skunky Wilson--to life as a single dad, and the joys of getting older. My favorite stories DEFINITELY involve Skunky!

3) LAZY Blogger
This is one of the most fascinating blogs I read. LZ seems to have been EVERYWHERE--and he takes pictures of all of the places he has been. Now, looking at pictures of exotic places is a great deal of fun, but LZ provides a little background/history of the place where the picture is from. Gorgeous pictures and actually learning something--just doesn't get any better than that!

4) Virginia Belle
VB, like burg, is one of the young 'uns I read. But VB is different from burg--VB is a single girl (woman) making her way through the world. VB can make me laugh, cry, sympathize, and cheer. She also can make me want to give her a 'mother lecture' when I don't agree with something she has done! But, I don't. I am just along for the ride, happy that I am not in that stage of my life! It is interesting to see how the younger generation is living, though.

5) Dazd and Confuzed From Here
Dazd has a blog that is a little of this, a little of that--and it is all good. He writes passionately of soldiers he knows in Iraq, trivia, knock-knock jokes, and various aspects of his life. This is another blog where you can laugh, cry, and everything in between. 'Caption This' photos are hilarious and he puts up some good music videos, too.

While those are my 'five,' I feel awful that I can't list cindi, leazwell, etc, etc. All of the blogs I read are great--otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time reading them! :) So, once you are done checking out my 'five,' head on over to the others on the 'Blogs I Read' list. There's some good reading out there!

4 comments:

  1. You are most welcome! And I feel the very same about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, shucks, cmk! you are making me blush.

    i'm glad you enjoy reading about how pathetic/ridiculous/neurotic i am. :)

    and i thank you for sparing me the mother lectures. Trust me, Czarina has them covered.

    thanks for the nom. i'm very flattered.

    i will have to think about my choices for "thinking blog" now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't feel "awful" that you can't list me! I feel like my blog should be called the Neglected Blog because I just seem to have lost my writing muse or something. I have had a bad case of the blahs lately. I find myself reading other's blogs and not taking time to write on mine. I censor myself a lot too. A lot of things I would love to blog about is work related and since I work in a hospital I worry about what I can write about or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. burg: :)

    belle: You are welcome, anytime!

    cindi: I, myself, am in too much of a rut with this blog--I write too much about hockey! Well, I hope things will change for me when the playoffs are done--hopefully I will find something worthwhile to write about!

    You may have lost your muse, but reading your previous posts--especially those about your medical problems--will always make me (and others) think about how much we have to be thankful for. Your coming back from what you had to, is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your life.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...