Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Evening

Here it is Easter in the UP and we are seeing a not-unusual sight: SNOW. Actually, the snow has stopped and the sun was out today--a very welcome thing. K pretty much finished the snow-blowing today--it sure looks as if we got at least 36" in our yard. I'm hoping the local weatherman will give snow totals on tomorrow night's broadcast. I have been hearing reports of at least 48" in some parts of the UP. As of Friday, we have gotten 212" for the year--and with the snow we got this weekend, we probably broke the record for the snowiest April. The only good thing: at this time of year, it will melt pretty quickly.

**********

Today is the last day of the hockey season. Now we go into the most important part of the year--the playoffs! It has already been determined who Detroit will play in the first round: Calgary. The two teams were even in wins against each other this year, so it is a toss-up as to who will win it. If Detroit can win this round, I think they have a very good chance of going all the way. The bad part: the trip to the west. The good part: Detroit has home-ice advantage. The first game will be played on Thursday or Friday--it will be interesting to see if Bertuzzi and Zetterberg will be playing. If Z isn't playing during the opening game, I would have my doubts as to if he will be back at all this year. Time will tell.

(And the Wings DIDN'T win the President's Trophy--Buffalo did. Oh, well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...