Thursday, November 08, 2007

Almost Blew It

I knew last night's game was going to be a little off. After being idle for 5 days, it takes players awhile to get back up to speed and last night was no exception. The first period was fine, the second period was a little worse, and then the third period was awful. After scoring two goals in the first two periods, the Wings blew a 2 goal lead in the third--AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Detroit couldn't score in the overtime and then it came down to the shootout--the part of the game I. HATE. MORE. THAN. ANYTHING!!!!! Z and Datsyuk both made their shots and Ozzy blocked the two attempts by Nashville and the final score was Detroit 3-Nashville 2. They JUST managed to win.

Right now the team is on an 8-game winning streak. Last year around this time they had a 9-game streak before they lost. They play Central Division teams for a 9-game stretch, but it won't be as easy of a time this year as it was last--the teams are playing quite well. (Hell, Chicago beat Detroit twice already this year!) Hopefully they'll find themselves playing better on Wednesday when Columbus comes to town.

Z continued on his streak and had an assist--this broke the franchise record for consecutive games for a point to start the season. He still is at the top of the list among all players in points and is in second place for goals scored. If he can stay healthy this year, there is no telling WHAT he could do. AND my boy got an assist last night, so he is doing well. He is playing very well and I can only see better things for him as the year goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...