Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick-or-Treat

We had a big night here for trick-or-treaters--we got a grand total of 11!! For us, that is a good night. Because we live at the bottom of the hill on a dead end street, not many kids venture down our way. Besides, it is one of the darkest streets in town--don't know why they can't add another street light!

While we didn't have snow tonight, it looks as if we might be getting some tomorrow. However, we probably won't get any here in the city--the lake protects us so much by keeping us just that much warmer than the surrounding areas. Right now the temp is 40 degrees, but the wind chill is down around 32 with winds gusting to 30mph. I can really feel the change in the temp--it is a bit chilly here in the house because we haven't removed our air conditioners yet. Hopefully that will be done this weekend.

Now that Halloween is done, we have moved--officially--into The Season! And I am trying to put off my depression as long as possible. I felt it coming on about a week or so back--I told K that 'it's that time of year, again' and he just gave me one of those looks. So sorry, but this is the worst time of the year for me and the only way I could be happy during the season is if we would go somewhere far, far away for the Christmas holidays. Disney World might be nice, but I'm flexible. A resort might be nice, too. Just to go somewhere different that wouldn't remind me of everything--that would be heaven.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:33 PM

    Would Disney not be full of festive cheer? I would have thought so.

    Glad you had a good Halloween turn out - what was the best joke of the night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who was at Disney World during the Christmas season and she said it was so beautiful--they really know how to do the season up right.

    My dear, I think something was lost in the 'translation!' When you ask about the best joke, do you mean what was the best costume? I ALWAYS love the very little kids the best. Our first visitor wasn't even old enough to walk--she was in a stroller being pushed by her mom. The little one was dressed in a green dragon costume--very, very adorable. My fav, by far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Halloween was kind of a flop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My halloween was non-existent I'm pleased to say, what a misery guts I am! I don't do Christmas either, oh I buy presents and exchange cards, but frankly would rather forget the whole thing.

    I don't like this time of year much either, but I hate January and February more. I would gladly go off to Australia or somewhere bright, sunny and hot for those two months.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...