Thursday, November 29, 2007

November 28

People born on this day:

Anna Nicole Smith
Jon Stewart
Judd Nelson
Ed Harris
Alexander Godunov
S. Epatha Merkerson
Paul Schaffer
Randy Newman
Manolo Blahnik

and

CMK!

Yes, Wednesday was my birthday. And, no, I didn't do anything special. K is still on night shift, so that kind of put the crimp into any kind of celebration.

I received cards from the best people in my life and I did get some gifts. A and her husband sent me a book with a collection of Mother Goose & Grimm cartoons in it. That and Far Side are my favorite comic strips. One of my bestest friends brought me a gift last night. I am SOOOO lucky to have her--her sister owns an antique store and puts on estate sales, so my friend gets the neatest gifts. This year, she brought me a Nativity set that is Mexican and looks to be handmade by a local artist. I am continuing my collecting of Nativities and she has added to it for several years. She always finds very unique and intriguing sets. Another bestest friend of mine and I will be going for a day of shopping and then to dinner on Saturday in honor of my birthday. YAY!! Shopping and eating--who could ask for anything more!

I believe K is ecstatic whenever I get a new obsession, as it makes his gift buying so much easier. He, again, got me Red Wing pendants. He said he thought I needed a silver one, so he got that and a new gold one, too. I don't know when he expects me to wear all of the ones he has boughten, but I love them anyway! Here is a picture of my new ones (the silver one is on the right):




AND, here is a picture of the last two he got me--the one I thought I lost is on the left and the replacement he bought me for Christmas last year is the other one:



8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:11 AM

    Happy somewhat belated Birthday!! I think you should wear all the pendants all the time-just be careful when you roll over in bed! Also read your Christmas blog, want you to know I still have your snowflakes, they are still a part of my tree, my Mother had made me some too, when she still could. I also miss your cranberry bread and Nisu, but not as much as I miss our 'coffee time'. You have touched many lives and I know if I need you, you would be there, just as I would for you. Love always.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I could do my best Mr. T impersonation, hey? I guess Red Wing memorabilia is going to be the next collection that will be trust upon me!

    It is hard to find anyone for 'coffee time' anymore--there just aren't that many of us stay-at-homes or even part time workers around. Just one of many things I miss about you being gone! :)

    SO glad you still have some snowflakes--these days my hands hurt too much for me to make them. Neither one of the girls has even one--I will try again, maybe next year. :(

    Thank you for the happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    xxoo xxxooo xxxooo


    Wow.... you share the same day as some of my favorite people!


    Jon Stewart
    Judd Nelson
    Ed Harris
    S. Epatha Merkerson
    Manolo Blahnik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, not a bad group to be associated with. (Don't you just LOVE S. Epatha? She is great!)

    Thanks for the happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!! Crazy week or I would have been by sooner. You're a sag just like my hubby and son! And Jon Stewart is a cool person to share a bday with! He's hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks loads for the birthday wishes! We Sags. are pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...I'm late! Happy Belated Birthday, cmk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you kindly, cindi!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...