Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back Again

We did our day run yesterday and I shopped until my little feet about fell off. As of today, I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. And for someone who hates the season as much as I do, that's saying a lot. At this rate, I will be done with everything before Thanksgiving--a first for me!

Other than the gift buying, we did our usual running around--pet store, William-Sonoma, Sam's Club, DSW, etc. I am going to have to cut myself off of DSW, however--I don't seem to be able to go into that place without buying something! Yesterday I was a woman on a mission, however--I decided that I needed to get a REAL pair of winter boots. Now, for someone who lives in the land of snow and cold, it is ridiculous for me not to have a good pair of winter boots. But, all of these years I just figured since I don't NEED to leave the house most days, my hiking boots were good enough for when I needed boots. Not the best thinking on my part. So anyway, I went on the hunt for a good pair of boots. My first thought was to get a pair of UGGS--I figured they were SO out of fashion after this many years, that I could get them. They are made well and are very warm, so... But, of course, the one pair that was in the store didn't quite float my boat, so I passed. After wandering and pondering, I decided on a pair of Rocket Dogs. Kind of cute, but the selling point was the warmth and the comfort level--so comfortable that I won't even need to break them in! (And with MY feet, that is a miracle!) So, what do you think--here is a pic:



Nothing big-time going on here. The Nephew will be leaving back early this week because hunting season starts on Thursday. His professor says he will excuse anyone that doesn't show up for class, even though the opening day of deer season is NOT an official holiday here. I don't know why they don't just close everything down for the day--the amount of absenteeism on the first day is astounding!

The Wings play in St. Louis tonight--hopefully they can make up for the embarrassment of Sunday night's loss to Chicago! I just don't understand WHAT the problem is, but Detroit almost looks like a deer caught in headlights this year against the Blackhawks--makes no sense whatsoever. And I would like to know who lit a fire under Lang. When he was with the Wings, he couldn't do anything--now that he is with Chicago, he can't be stopped when they play Detroit! Unbelievable. As I said, hopefully they will redeem themselves tonight.

Even though the Wings' winning streak was stopped--once again--at 9 games, Z continues on his streak: 17 games with at least one point in each game. He still is the leader in the league. I will hate to see this end, which it will, of course.

3 comments:

  1. Kate, those are the sweetest boots I have ever seen. I would even wear those and I don't ever wear boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just felt as if I needed to buy them--and I, too, NEVER wore boots! It has been so many years since I've owned a pair that I can't even remember the last ones I had. I think I just may be happy with warm feet this winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots look so warm and comfy!
    My word verification for this comment is speuadm...reminds me of sputum. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...