Friday, November 02, 2007

Tonight

Went grocery and various needs shopping tonight. Several things came to mind for me to blog about, so here goes.

First of all, it was the perfect night outside--at least in my opinion. The temp was 42 degrees, there was no wind, and the sky was completely clear. The stars were so bright it seemed as if you could just reach out and touch them--just gorgeous. As I have said often, I really like the weather when it is on the cool side and tonight was just fine for me.

I shop at WalMart for a lot of my non-grocery essentials. I know this is a sore subject for a lot of people, but there really are very few choices here. We have Target and Shopko, but really, no other stores that carry the same things as Wally World does--so I shop there. And it is open 24 hours a day, so it is so very convenient for me. HOWEVER, I may just have to stop going there after tonight--they were playing Christmas carols over the sound system in the store!!!!!! Excuse me, but didn't we JUST have Halloween? Talk about rushing the season. I was upset enough seeing the Christmas displays in all of the stores, but THIS...ENOUGH!!!!!!

Again tonight, I almost got run over by a kid wearing those STUPIDASS Heelys! You know, the sneakers with the roller skates in them. I am really getting pissed off--almost every time I go to the store recently, there are kids skating around, not paying attention to anything but what they want--not enjoyable, at all. I don't understand why the parents don't watch them better.

Talking about kids, there was the most annoying kid in the world at the grocery store. Now, I get annoyed and upset when people have little ones in stores that are screaming their heads off because of tiredness, but this kid was something else. First off, he WASN'T crying--actually he seemed to be in an okay mood. So, what was the problem, you may ask? It is this: I have NEVER heard a kid so loud in my entire life! Believe me, he even had my oldest beat! I knew exactly where he and the parents were at every moment, because he never stop talking--or yelling, take your pick. And it wasn't enough that he was loud, but he knew basically one word, MOM. And he didn't stop saying it--just kept repeating "MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM" for what seemed like hours. I never was so happy to be able to hear the Musak play as I was when--I assume, because I stopped hearing 'MOM'--they left the store. Gave me a whopper of a headache.

Tonight I bought the new Eagles' CD and am listening to it now. Classic Eagles--and it is very good. I can't wait to find out where they will be performing during the tour next year--we WILL be going if they make a swing close enough to us. But, then, K said we might just make the trip to Vegas if we have to, to see them. FUN!!

And speaking of Vegas, I forgot to write about the strangest thing I saw while we were there. On Thursday, as we were getting back to our hotel in order to get ready for the show that night, we met a group of young men coming out as we were going in. Now, I wouldn't have paid much attention to them, except for one of the young men--and you COULDN'T ignore him if you wanted to. He was probably in the 6' range and slender. He was wearing a football helmet. Also, he had on a number-shirt cut off above his naval. And he had on an extremely short tutu. On his legs he had neon-pink fishnet stockings and on his feet he wore cowboy boots. I'm assuming--and hoping--that they were having a bachelor party and he was the bachelor. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right? Unless someone happens to blog about it, that is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...