Saturday, November 10, 2007

Almost Didn't

While I know how fast goals can be scored in a hockey game, five minutes before last night's game ended, I found myself 'knowing' that Z's consecutive point streak was about to be over. And wouldn't you know it, he waited until there were only one and a half minutes left to the game before he scored. He now has extended his franchise-record by getting a point in 16 consecutive games, starting at the first game of the season. He is in second place, league-wide, with goals at 13. He tops the league with 26 points. Hopefully, when his streak ends he won't go into a slump and will go on to being one of the top 5 at the end of the year. It would be nice if he actually got the 'atta-boys' he so richly deserves.

Z's goal wasn't needed for the win--the Wings beat Columbus 4-1. They now are at a franchise-tying 9 win streak. Tomorrow they play Chicago. Chicago beat them twice already this year, so the streak very possibly will come to an end. Maybe they will have figured out what they did wrong the last two times they played and fix it. Anyway, I will be watching and cursing and cheering, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...