Friday, November 09, 2007

Nothing Interesting

--Not much going on around here. The days are kind of dark, but it is warm enough that the snow is slowly melting. I'm thinking if this keeps up, we will have bare ground and have to start all over again.

--Went to have my annual hearing test/ENT visit yesterday. Everything is about the same as last year--a good thing to know it isn't getting any worse. They brought up the possibility of me getting hearing aids, again, and again told me it was my decision as to WHEN I do it. It's just like getting glasses for the first time. You don't know HOW much you need them until AFTER you get them. I'm still going to wait for a while before making the big decision to get them--I'm hearing well enough. And it IS a slight hearing loss, after all. My biggest problem is with people that have accents--I have to constantly have them repeat themselves. Oh, well.

--The other night we had at least one deer visit our yard--we had ALL kinds of hoof prints in the snow. It ate from the open feeder, chewed off some of the kernels from the corn cob, and nosed around everything that had fallen on the ground from the other feeder. I put out some more corn for it yesterday, but it didn't make a return last night. Wish I would have seen it--I'd like to know the size.

--K is on his long weekend and I think we will make at least a day run to one of the big cities. I now have the booklist from C and will be able to get the Christmas shopping done for the grandkids. It would be nice to get shopping done early for a change.

--Looks as if we are done with vehicle repairs for the very near future. I have had the Jimmy in three times in the last couple of weeks and K just had some major bucks put into the truck--DAMN but that was a bigger expense we didn't need right now! There are still a couple of things we need to fix on the Jimmy, but we have lived with them long enough that we can wait--they are both more annoyances than anything else. We'll have to see if there are any overtime shifts available any time soon...

--We only have 4 or 5 more weeks of The Nephew living here. While he has been no problem at all, it will be nice to be 'back to normal' once again. The thing I am noticing the most: the amount of food that is consumed when he is here! I just can't keep up! After the girls left, I made NO adjustments on the amounts of food I would make for a meal. This was fine, as K takes leftovers in for his lunch at work. Whenever I make a bigger meal, I usually would be able to pack 2 or more lunches for him. With The Nephew here, I'm lucky if K gets ONE lunch for work! I don't understand how anyone with teenage-to-early-20s young men can afford to feed them. Having girls was just SOOOOO much easier in so many ways. BUT, girls are problems of a different nature, so...guess it all works out in the end.

--Talking about food, I need to go to the grocery store--again. (I'm doing that WAY too often lately!) Anyway, I DREAD the thought as hunting season is less than two weeks away and I'm sure I will have to start fighting off the hunters getting ready for deer camp. The only good thing about hunters shopping is that I usually get very good stories to tell! :)

--Another Vegas story: Elton John performed at The Coliseum at Caesar's Palace. There were signs stating that NO food or drinks were to be brought in. Also, the signs stated that refreshments would be available inside. Great. So, we decided to get drinks before the show. K ordered a bottle of Bud Lite--he is just so classy that way--and I ordered a Wolfgang Puck Strawberry Daiquiri. Now, I realized it would be expensive but...the beer cost $7 and the daiquiri was $14! While the daiquiri WAS quite good, it definitely WAS NOT $14 good. I was a bit astonished.

--The Wings play Columbus tonight--I sure hope they are back in their groove. The Central Division is so much tougher than it has been--no way for them to be complacent. I have to gear myself up for the next game they lose--I will be absolutely devastated. I know it will come, I just have to be ready. :)


Yawn 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...