Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sexiest Man

So, Matt Damon was named People magazine's 'Sexist Man Alive' for 2007. Eh. While I think he is very cute and have enjoyed many of his movies, I don't see him as 'sexiest man' material. But then, I cannot for the life of me understand Ben Affleck, George Clooney, or Brad Pitt being given the title, either. (Oh, I REALLY want to know what kind of drugs the voters were on the year Justin Timberlake was picked 'sexiest'--I really want to avoid THOSE drugs at all costs!!!!)

Okay, now that I have said who I DON'T think is sexiest, who would I pick? Don't have a clue. I do have a few pieces of eye-candy that I like watching, but as for which one is the best? No one comes to mind. But, nice nonetheless are:

--Wentworth Miller. He is one of the reasons I keep watching Prison Break--and this season, there are very few other reasons, believe me.

--Hugh Laurie. Okay, he isn't classically good-looking, but he is quite fine. Add to it his acting ability AND his sense of humor--LOVE him on talk shows--he's not hard to take.

--Jensen Ackles. This is one mighty fine looking guy! Quite nummy, actually. I certainly hope to see much more of him when Supernatural is done, but for now I will get my fill of him on Thursday nights.

--Alex O'Loughlin. I think he is the only reason I continue to watch Moonlight--well, Jason Dohring is okay, too. :) What is it about Australians, hmmm? Yes, another nummy.

These are just some who I think could be called sexier than Damon, but I still have yet to find THE sexiest. (And I only included ones who are in shows I currently watch. There are others, but they don't come to mind right now.)

I am thinking my whole problem right now is age--most of the eye candy is so young that I feel like a dirty old woman if I think "Yum. NICE." I do have the tendency to look at young guys and think more along the line of 'cute' instead of 'GORGEOUS.' It just feels like lusting after a daughter's boyfriend, or something. {shudder}

A lot of women find athletes do it for them. Unfortunately, I am not finding anyone on the Red Wings that get more than a passing 'cute' from me. (Of course, most of THEM are young enough to be my kid, so...) Also, too many hockey players have faces 'only a mother could love'--comes from too many sticks and pucks hitting them. (Come on now, just how many times can you get 20 stitches to the face and still be considered 'pretty?') Oh, well. And with all the padding hockey players wear, well you can't even tell if they have nice bods! (I'm always amazed at how SMALL many players look in regular street clothes!) I have to hand it to football--they sure know how to dress players in a way to keep women interested.

Now I will ask my readers: Just who would YOU pick for 'Sexiest Man Alive?' (And, NO, you cannot choose your significant other--this is just celebrities, thank you! :)

7 comments:

  1. The only guy you mentioned that I have heard of is Hugh Laurie but I can't remember what he looks like. I don't get to watch any prime time tv because of my work.

    Matthew McConaughey is nice on the eyes. My main pick is probably Naveen Andrews. I think he was on a tv show Lost but I first saw him in a movie. He is so handsome and dreamy. I used to have a big crush on Liam Neeson (I liked him in Nell and The Good Mother). Another actor that I have always found to be sexy isn't really a super hunk but there is just something about him that I find yummy. His name is David Strathairn. I liked him in The River Wild and Map of the World but he's been in many movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:21 PM

    Bill Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CINDI: Yeah, I do manage to watch relatively obscure shows, so it isn't surprising that you wouldn't know the ones on my list. (However, with that said, the actors quite possibly could have been on shows/in movies that I never watched or heard of and are quite popular among another demographic.)

    I always thought Matthew McConaughey was easy to watch, as well as Naveen Andrews. (Andrews, I believe, is in Lost.) I wouldn't throw Liam Neeson out of my house for being too ugly :), and as for Strathairn, distinguished might be the word you're looking for, hmm?

    ANONYMOUS: At one point I thought he was, too. Unfortunately, I find that once the mystery of the person behind the face is revealed, I find him/her less and less attractive. Such is the case with Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I have seen the pics you put up...that Wentworth Miller is ooh la la sexy for sure!

    Re. Strathairn...I think what made him sexy to me was not just his looks but the parts or characters he played in the movies I saw him in. I felt the same way about Peter Reigert in the movie Crossing Delancey. He isn't exactly super hunky but the role he played and his mannerisms made me think of him as very sexy. Oh I love Liam Neeson's Irish accent too. Guys with Irish, British, Scottish or AUSSIE accents make me swoon!

    I really miss working on days because I miss out on seeing a lot of good shows like what you have been seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, WHAT is it about those accents? I tend to like the accents of men who speak English as their first Language--the 'foreign' accents don't really do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Naveen andrews is hot he was in lost and I believe the english patient he's got beautiful hair. Liam neeson is yummers, I find all accents to be adorable, I think your being a bit harsh on hockey players Sergei federov or dainus zubrus, olaf kolzig, I like soccer players too Fredrick l'jungberg, david beckham, Christiano Renaldo. as for acting types Christian bale, johnny depp, gerard butler, james mccavoy, colin ferral,cillian murphy, john rhys meyers. althletes rafael nadal, Ian thorpe, derek jeter, etc. oh and possibly my fav ever, gael garcia bernal. I for one don't find bill clinton attractive it could be because i'm 18 and he is old, oh and of course the reason behind my name, Alexander Ovechkin, attractive in that caveman brute kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sexyovechkin1: I think part of my problem with not finding hockey players sexy has to do with their ages: they are just WAY too young for me. :) However, I think my comment was a bit more tongue-in-cheek than it came off--I find a lot of the players absolutely cute/adorable, none more than my Baby Boy, Valtteri Filppula!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...