Friday, November 23, 2007

Not A Bad Day

Altogether, my Thanksgiving wasn't bad.

--I got to sleep late--thanks to K, for peeling the potatoes and rutabagas.

--I watched The Blues Brothers for the Nth time--one of my all-time favorite movies. I'm sad that John Belushi died so young.

--I ate till I was sick--isn't that what you're SUPPOSED to do on Thanksgiving?

--And I got to watch the Red Wings play--they lost, to NASHVILLE!, but I got to see a game, nonetheless.

I think the only thing that kept the day from being pretty near perfect was the Wings' loss!

Tomorrow is Black Friday and everyone knows where I will be: in my bed sleeping! I'm almost done with my shopping, so I don't need to do anything as foolish as going out on Black Friday. Instead, I will begin my Christmas decorating. Oh, yay.

So, how many of you are brave enough to face the crowds on Black Friday? I've done it twice in my life--once I went by myself and once I went with my youngest. I must admit, the day I went with A was one of my most favorite memories. She got into the spirit very well--the moment we hit the open doors of a store, she would SPRINT to whatever we were there to buy. It was a lot of fun seeing her in action--she would take a runner's stance and she'd be off, long, blond hair flying behind her as she raced down the aisles. I only wish I had had a video camera to capture the moments. It was fun.

6 comments:

  1. You're almost DONE with your shopping? I'm impressed. If I send you money can you start on mine????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 PM

    okay? your almost done with shopping AND you got to sleep late?


    i am sooooooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it REALLY helps that a few years ago I cut my list down to less than half of what it was--makes the time spent shopping SO much less. Add to that the fact I ONLY get the grandchildren books, so THAT cuts the time even more. I walked into Barnes & Noble the last time we did a road trip and walked out with a bag and more than half of my shopping done! The rest of the stuff was ordered on the internet, so...

    Right now, I only have to pick up one or two more things for my girls--K is getting some tools for the sons-in-law--and I have one more thing to order for K and I. AM. DONE! It is a good feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and by the way, this is the FIRST year I have EVER been this close to being done with my shopping this early. See, even old dogs DO learn new tricks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good day... and the fact you are almost done shopping? Awesome. Come to my house and shop for me, 'kay? I've not even started... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said, without the internet, I wouldn't be this far along, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...