Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fun Times Ahead?

When I went to read my mail earlier today, the following greeted me:

WINTER STORM WATCH



...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...




A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING.




SNOW WILL DEVELOP MONDAY MORNING AND MAY BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES MONDAY AFTERNOON INTO TUESDAY BEFORE TAPERING OFF TUESDAY NIGHT. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR MORE THAN 10 INCHES OF SNOW FROM THIS STORM...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGHER TERRAIN LOCATIONS FROM ALBERTA AND BIG BAY THROUGH NEGAUNEE AND SKANDIA.




IN ADDITION TO THE HEAVY SNOW...STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS GUSTING IN EXCESS OF 30 MPH AT TIMES WILL LIKELY CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW LATE MONDAY INTO TUESDAY.


Yes, it certainly looks as if we will have the first snowstorm of the year. While I don't mind snowstorms, I really hate the wet, heavy snow with high winds--I'm always so afraid that the power lines will come down. And when that happens, we are screwed! Not only don't we have lights, but we have no heat--NOT fun when the wind chill is below freezing!

At least, there doesn't seem to be any indication that we will have weather like there was when the Edmund Fitzgerald went down. It will be 32 years next Saturday when that tragic event happened.

Even though I went shopping last night, I will have to go to the store tomorrow to pick up a few extra things--just in case! :) Just one of those quirks I have.


Snowing

2 comments:

  1. wheeeeeee! Already???? yikes.

    Get cookie dough and hot chocolate.

    hehe.

    This is exactly why I need to lose 40 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still am hoping with us being so close to the lake that it just won't be as bad here in the city. Time will tell, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...