Thursday, November 29, 2007

Norwegian? Swedish?

Don't know how many of you have seen this commercial:



Now, I find it quite amusing, but at the same time I get so very frustrated with it! I can't, for the life of me, understand how people don't know their own heritage. I realize that a lot--maybe most--people aren't as in tune with their ancestors as I am, but still...

How do people lose their heritage? Is it from the 'melting pot' syndrome where different nationalities/ethnicities marry? Are we here in UP--where the biggest concentration of Finns are in the US--just that unique and immersed in our own ethnicity that we HAVE to know 'where we came from?' Or is it just the fact that I am 100% pure--as is my husband? I find it very fascinating when people don't know what nationality they are. I don't believe either of my sons-in-law are too sure. So, how about any of you, my readers--am I just an anomaly? I'll be interested to see your responses.

2 comments:

  1. hee. I thought I was the only person who LIKED commercials

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like a lot of commercials, I seem to gravitate to ones that others find to be 'dumb.' Right now, I laugh EVERY time I see this one:

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=i8qVM6f9Ogs

    (It's the one where the guy is driving the Jeep Liberty in the country and the wildlife come in through the sunroof and they all start singing 'Rock Me Gently.')

    REALLY dumb, but I laugh whenever it's on.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...