Saturday, March 08, 2008

Just Links

Found a couple of things that I thought I would pass on:

--This first link is to a European website. HEMA is a retailer with brick and mortar stores in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, and Germany. Now, the store is neither here nor there, to me. The thing that is so neat is the way the online products are presented. After clicking on this link, let the page load--sit back and watch the fun! VERY cool.

--I love this site. You can work on your vocabulary AND make a donation to a charity at the same time--all for free! I managed to get to the 43rd level before I stopped. (Of course, I did make mistakes...:))

--For this video, you will need to use headphones to get the full effect. This is called the Virtual Barber. This is an example of an auditory illusion, the stereo effect. Your brain will 'tell' you that the sounds move from ear to ear, etc. Quite interesting.



And if you would like to hear more auditory illusions, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...