Tuesday, March 04, 2008

New Tech Gadget



There it is in all its beautiful new glory: my new cell phone. It is a Nokia 6555 and I just got it yesterday. Now everyone knows how much I love new tech gadgets and this phone fits the bill beautifully. It uses 3G technology--something we don't HAVE here yet, but it IS new and (supposedly) great! So, I WANT! It has an amazing screen--actually TWO screens--and the colors and resolution are fantastic. There is a digital music player, an email client, IM, and camera--all of which I don't need. BUT, it is high tech, so I WANT! So far, the web-surfing seems to be fine--but I usually just look for Red Wing news and weather on the phone, so how bad could surfing be?

Two possible problems with the phone, though. First, all of the reviews I have read complain about the battery life. A lot of reviewers say they have to charge the phone every night and that is a definite minus. I don't use my cell phone for calls at home, so I don't think it will be much of a factor for me--just how much would I have to use it to wear down the battery in a few hours time when I'm out shopping? The other thing that MIGHT prove to be a problem, however, is the fact it seems to get a little warm while doing some heavy-duty web-surfing. Again, how many times am I actually going to do a LOT of surfing? I will have to put the phone through its paces over the next couple of weeks and see if I keep my 'new baby.'

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24 PM

    im holding out for the next generation iPhone.....you know I love everything Apple.

    but that phone looks and sounds pretty damn hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just about done loading it up with all I need to. I'm trying to use it as a PDA--which WORKS, it's just not as easy to add all my info in a phone as it is in a Palm. I just can't justify the monthly cost of having a Blackberry, or something similar, so I will take the time and hand-insert all of my info into the calendar. I think it just might work! I will be able to leave my Palm behind once in awhile now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:34 PM

    I don't even know how to use most of the gadgetry on my cell. The less I have to fool with the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. leazwell: Yes, the learning curve on some of these things can be quite high! I don't even bother to try to figure out the features I know I will never use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the very same phone I just got and I love it! I don't use it all the time either, and my battery lasts a really long time. I can tell when I mess with it alot that it goes down, but that's not often.. Again, I LOVE the phone.. Nokias are the best there are as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Nokias, too. All of my phones have been Nokias and I don't want anything else. I'm REALLY loving the colors on the display--very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...