Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And You Think I'm An Awful Driver!

One day, The Mother and my grandmother (The Father's mother) were driving along. My grandmother was behind the wheel, as The Mother didn't drive. After a short time, The Mother realized that my grandmother neglected to stop at any stop signs. When she asked my grandmother about this, g-ma replied, "When Nels (her second husband) taught me to drive, he said really good drivers didn't NEED to stop at stop signs." She must have been VERY good, because I am unaware of her being in any accidents. Of course, she probably CAUSED a whole lot, but... :)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:15 PM

    That's scary! I hope she was at least slowing down and looking both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said, it was surprising she wasn't in any accidents! And she didn't give up her driving till she was at a bit of an advanced age. Yup, scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 AM

    This was a small town without much traffic, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:52 PM

    I always "roll" through stop signs. I never come to a complete stop...(unless there really is oncoming traffic)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Janet, ALL of the towns here up north are small. ;)

    mel: A LOT of people do the 'rolling stops' around here. I thought that was a Michigan thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend told me once that the stop signs with the white on the outer edge are optional (I call it "stoptional") so we don't really have to stop at those. hehheh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kristi, that's too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...