Thursday, March 06, 2008

Just Saying...

K and I were supposed to go out of town for a day trip on Tuesday, but wound up staying home. As it turned out, K had to go to the doctor's and was diagnosed with influenza. Yay. He was given Tamiflu and it seems to be working--he is feeling much better today. However, he isn't sure if he will be able to go to work for his night shift on Thursday--he still is suffering from quite a headache. As selfish as it sounds, I just hope I don't come down with the same thing--obviously the vaccine didn't work for him this year and there is no guarantee it will work for me.

**********

The actor Patrick Swayze is suffering from pancreatic cancer. One source says he has a limited amount of time left, another says he is responding well to treatment. While I don't know what the truth really is, all I know is that everyone I've ever heard of with this type of cancer hasn't lasted very long after being diagnosed. It is so sad--he is only 55 years old.

**********

I know enough people have talked about this, especially since this is an election year, but I think our election process is crap. (What I will now say goes for BOTH parties--I just happen to remember/have heard about these two cases. No disrespect meant--I am not being partisan.) Do the candidates actually fulfill any of their obligations in regards to what office they already hold? I mean, really, WHEN was the last time any of them actually were in Washington conducting government business?

I remember the last time Hillary ran for her office. She was asked over and over again if she would be running for president. She continually either denied that she was going to run OR said that ALL she was interested in was retaining her present position and that was all she was focused on. As soon as she won re-election, she declared that she will seek the presidency. And she was off campaigning.

Every night on the news--for as long as I can remember--there has been a story about Obama and his talking or giving a speech SOMEWHERE in America. The somewhere is never Washington DC--the place where he was supposed to work at his elected position. Excuse me?

WHY are these people allowed to do this? And why don't we--the public--DO something about it? We let them get away with this kind of behavior and even reinforce it by VOTING for them AGAIN! Something just doesn't seem right. As I said, this behavior is the same no matter who the candidate is, what political party he/she is part of. It gets worse with every election--pretty soon, the only thing a candidate will do IS campaign. It is pretty close to that right now.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:46 AM

    Yeah, I did wonder if Obama ever did anything in the Senate after he got elected as a senator. Who's taking his place while he's running for President?

    What gets me about voting in primaries is you have to declare Republican or Democrat. It's nobody's business which way I vote.

    Hope K is feeling better and you don't get it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't get sick either! I hate that stuff! It seems like the men always get it. I take it as a sign they don't wash nearly as good as they should. Hubs' plant is paying to have wall dispensers of sanitizer put in all over the shop. I think it's a great idea.

    I've never thought about the candidates like that. It's a good point, especially considering how early they've gotten started campaigning these last few years. It's like Christmas, it gets earlier and earlier every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:01 PM

    Yeah, I was shocked about PS. Sad.

    Our political system is in great need of an overhaul. And as for the Dem. candidates, the only feelings I get are sinister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems as if all of the 'regular' people agree that this system is seriously flawed. But those in power don't see it. I guess we are the ones with brains, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Glad K is feeling better.
    ---

    Hope YOU dont get sick.
    ---

    Sad/Scary as hell to hear about Patrick Swayze.
    ---

    Politics? "la la la la I cant hear you"
    ---

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I 'hear' you about politics--I try to stay away from it as much as possible. My blood pressure just can't take the ridiculousness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah. Pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest of cancers. It generally takes you quickly and 3% of people make it 5 years. Extremely sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, so very sad.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...