Sunday, March 02, 2008

Thank Goodness

I won't be naive enough to say that the slump is finally over, but the Wings did play well tonight. There WAS an improvement on Friday night with 'the new guy,' Stuart, in the line-up and Hasek and Kronwall back from injuries--they improved even more tonight. It is so good to see the injured coming back. However, Hasek should probably begin his warm-ups even earlier than he already does--he gave up a rather soft goal early in the game AGAIN tonight! Looked a little rusty out there. NOT something you want in a play-off game--it can give a team momentum and give them enough to win.

Baby Boy got a goal and an assist tonight--looks like he will hit the 20-goal mark this year. Drake and Maltby scored, also--great for them, as they haven't had many this year. Several others got assists--this should go far to help boost the confidence of the players.

Right now, word has it that Rafalski will be back in the line-up on Wednesday. Such good news to see the players getting healthy again. Lidstrom should be back in about eight games and then the only one--hopefully--left to get healthy will be Chelios. It will be fantastic to have the captain back--I don't think many people appreciate him enough. Lidstrom is probably the best player on the team and, obviously, they are pretty lost without him.

A little sigh of relief tonight--maybe they can go on another winning streak.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:38 PM

    well now THAT is a relief.

    (for you)


    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been smiling my little heart out all day!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...