Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Slight Sigh of Relief

For the first time in more than a month, the Wings have won two games in a row! Once again, they played much better than the game before, but that was to be expected as Rafalski was back tonight. The final score being 4-1 was great--seeing them score on the 5-on-5 once again, was nice. Datsyuk and Z are still scoring or contributing assists--but there is also secondary scoring, so all is coming together again. I do worry about the next time St Louis and Detroit play, however. There were a few nasty shoves and cross-checks in the game and the next one just might turn a little bloody. Hopefully everyone will have cool heads when they meet on the 25th.

There is a tradition in hockey where the players don't shave while in the play-offs. In recent years, not all players go along with the no-shaving for various reasons. Some of the guys are just too young and others couldn't grow a beard if they were paid--no matter HOW old they are. While Z usually sports a beard, tonight it looked rather fierce. I wonder if he is starting in anticipation of the Stanley Cup run? ;)



--DETROIT - MARCH 05: Henrik Zetterberg #40 of the Detroit Red Wings turns up ice during a game against the St. Louis Blues on March 5, 2008 at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)--

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM

    For the first time in more than a month, the Wings have won two games in a row!


    Yeay. [insert my supportive clapping]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly. I appreciate it and I know 'my boys' appreciate it as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...