Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Way I Am

Anyone who knows cats will be familiar with this scenario. As a cat walks from one end of the house to another, it will walk very close to furniture or the wall. Cats don't seem to like walking in wide open spaces--even in the safety of their own home. Most of the time--with my cat, anyway--the tips of their fur will barely touch the furniture/wall as they pass by. I seem to have this in common with cats.

For some reason or other, I tend NOT to walk through the middle of a doorway or the empty part of a room. I walk way too closely to walls and furniture--and this causes me problems. I injure myself. My only broken bone came because I was hurrying through a doorway--too closely to the frame--and caught my little toe on the door frame. It hurt. I am ALWAYS slamming my arm, leg, hand into the wall or furniture as I am walking. I'm NOT afraid that there is anything WRONG with me medically, of course--I am just a klutz and have always been this way.

Earlier today, I was walking into the dining room from the hallway and slammed the knuckle of my right index finger into the doorway. Immediately it turned color and the vein popped out. The pain was considerable. After moving the finger around, I came to the conclusion that it probably is NOT broken. About an hour later, I slammed the SAME knuckle while I was dusting. It is nicely discolored, but I STILL can move the finger. I guess I will just watch it and if anything changes, THEN I will go in and have it looked at. This is just another look at the way I am. :)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:59 PM

    Ouch! I can relate. I routinely walk into doorjambs-it's one of my few talents, other skills include dropping cutlery on my bare feet. Most painful-opening the back door over my barefooted big toe. I try to remember to stand well back from where the door swings, but my brain isn't always working at the same time as my limbs.

    Hope the knuckle heals fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well-wishes! It is really a 'pain' being a klutz. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:58 PM

    Oooh....Ouch. I am a massive Klutz...If you could see half of my scars from walking into things...or dropping things... ect ect ect

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...