Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Place To Live

I could be happy living in the Envoy--that is, if it had a frig, coffee maker, and bathroom. But, other then those few things, I could be happy living in it. It is very comfortable with seats that recline completely. It is extremely quiet--so quiet that you pretty much have to open a window to make sure it is running. There is Onstar and the Onstar phone--you can ask the operator for directions or call for a pizza. What more can you want? And finally, you have XM Radio--hot damn! There are so many great stations that I can't make up my mind what I want to listen to--so I wind up pressing buttons just to see if there is something better playing elsewhere. Every musical style imaginable is offered, plus news, talk radio, and sports. AND hockey!!! There are even a couple of comedy stations. Wow.

The Onstar phone is pretty cool. You dial just by talking--or you say the 'name tag' for whoever you want to call. So far, I have been using up all of my minutes just to call people and 'make sure' it works. ;) I did do an 'oops' tonight, though. There are three buttons to use Onstar: the phone button, the Onstar button, and the emergency button. These are all placed on the bottom of the rearview mirror. I went to call A to 'make sure' the phone was working fine and pressed the wrong button. I realized my mistake when the Onstar operator answered. I had to tell her I pressed the wrong button and only wanted to make a phone call. She laughed and said it was okay--I'm sure they have this happen all of the time. But I still felt like an ass.

The one thing that is bothering me about the Envoy is the color. It is called 'deep crimson metallic.' Now, doesn't this make you think it must be red? Wrong. At the very best it is a very, very dark wine color--and that is only apparent in bright sunlight. The other evening, as it was beginning to get dark, the color changed to a very dark blue-violet. I know, I know: HOW can crimson metallic turn into blue-violet? I just know it did. I think I am just going to have to say "dark" whenever the Carside-To-Go girl at Applebee's asks what color the car is. Great--another thing to stress over. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:58 PM

    Wow. Your new car does sound incredible!

    I for one would feel a lot safer with ONSTAR in my own car!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...