Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy, Happy

Tomorrow at 1:00 PM we will go and pick up our new vehicle--a 2008 GMC Envoy. Right now, I'm so pumped--and this will last until we make the first payment. AAACCCCKKKKKK!!!! But it WILL be nice to have a new vehicle.

We have been talking about getting something new for a while now--the Jimmy is a 2000 and we bought it used in 2002. There were a few things wrong with it--the back wiper, for example, was broken--and it seemed as if we were having small mechanical problems off and on. It got to the point where we were having to make the decision as to whether it was actually worth it to sink more money into the thing, or just go out and buy new. With the employee discount pricing, the incentives given, and our GMC card points, we got an excellent deal--and had to take it.

The Envoy doesn't QUITE have everything the Jimmy did--the Jimmy was top-of-the-line in terms of options--but it comes very close. I am going to miss some of the storage that we had with the Jimmy, but that can be dealt with. One thing that I can't wait for is the three-month trial of XM radio! I almost think I might be able to convince K to keep the subscription going once we listen to our first Wings' game--or even the talk portion of NHL radio! We still will have to get the remote start put into the Envoy and look into running boards--I REALLY would like to have them, as I am short on one end. :) This will be fun.

And here is a picture of what our new Envoy looks like--but the one we're getting is colored 'dark crimson metallic.' I'm not too sure WHY the color is called that, because it looks black except under extremely bright sunlight--unbelievable.

3 comments:

  1. Cool..

    The hubs suggested some big new car to me tonight and I said no way.. My car is an 01, we bought it new, and it only has 40,000 miles on it. AND...Big bonus "and;" it's paid for! I'll drive it until it becomes like the Flintstone car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you--that was the best thing about the Jimmy, that it was paid for. ;) But, we were coming up on 100,000 miles very quickly--NOT a lot for an SUV, but...I worry about not having a totally reliable vehicle here in the great white north, so we don't run ours into the ground too often. Still, I wish we didn't need cars, but there is, basically, no public transportation here, so we have to have. Another advantage to living here, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:27 AM

    Oooooooooooooooh! How Pretty!!!


    Love It!!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...