Monday, August 11, 2008

Yes, I'm Excited

On 30 September, K, myself, A, and her husband, will be at Target Center in Minneapolis at 7:30 PM. We will be getting ready to greet the Eagles as they come onstage!!! Hot damn! I just got the tickets and could only be more excited if they were tickets to a Red Wings' game. (Who am I kidding--I would probably be in a dead faint on the floor if I just bought Red Wing tickets!) This is almost--no, not quite--as exciting as when I bought the tickets to see Clapton.

In my early years, I wasn't a big Eagles' fan--K was one when we started dating, so I followed. Their music was DEFINITELY different than what I was a fan of, but I have come to appreciate them more and more with each passing year. (At the time I listened to Black Sabbath, Cream, Alice Cooper, Led Zepplin, etc, and had a lot of distain for 'Top 40'-type of music. I loved hard-, acid-rock--anything with great guitar riffs. Is it any wonder my love of Clapton borders on hero-worship?! ;)) A became a fan through default, I guess--she was held captive in the car while I played their CDs. :) She shares a lot of my musical tastes simply because that is all she heard in her early years. When I asked if her husband was going to come to the concert she said, "I don't care, I AM!!!"

This is definitely an event I didn't want to miss. After all, with all of the in-fighting they have done over the years, you never know WHEN their last public performance will be. It will be great to be able to share the experience with A--I will always regret her not being there for the Clapton concert. Unfortunately, she couldn't afford to go at the time and I couldn't afford to treat her to a ticket--I HAD to sit on the floor and get as up close and personal as possible to Clapton as I could. (We had AMAZING seats to that concert--14th row on the floor, if I remember correctly.) All in all, it will be another memory of a lifetime. I can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:57 PM

    oooooooooooooooooooh

    I am so excited for you!!

    Thats wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you wanted to come early we Hudson Bloggers could meet you and we could have an early supper...OOH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. meleah: It IS great!

    kristi: I'm trying to work out the logistics to this whole thing. I know that we can't leave from North St Paul till after 5:00--A and her husband work that day--and then we have to do the driving to the Target Center. And this will be happening around rush hour, cause I want to get there for when the doors open, which is at 6:30--the lines for merchandise are short at that time. :) We'll see what happens and I will keep it in mind--would be SO much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:10 AM

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...