Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Great Soap Opera

If you have been living under a rock or have been in space for the past so many days, then you haven't been aware of the Great Soap Opera. It involves Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers. And it continues. And WILL continue throughout the football season. Every time Favre scratches his nose, it becomes 'breaking news.' The story is front-page news in our local newspaper. Every time the GB coach has something to say, the Wisconsin TV stations preempt regular programming. The early national news breaks for Favre's arrival in New York. Even the evening news talks about what is happening. Will it ever end? Will I be able to put up with much more of this? Will someone finally go 'postal' and put us all out of our misery? Stay tuned.

12 comments:

  1. Finally, the drama is over. The jets have your man. I used to respect Farve but have changed my oppinion of him since this incident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I despise football beyond any reason, I have not been able to get away from this story because of where we live. I don't see this saga ending any time soon--unfortunately. And I don't think either party--the Packers OR Favre--acted very well in this whole situation. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:11 PM

    I sympathize, we go through stuff like that every time a player, be it baseball or football, pulls a stunt like wanting to be traded, etc. I mean, who really cares? whose life does it really affect besides the teams and the bookies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:29 PM

    I live in NJ and ALL FREEKING day Its been nothing but Favre and the Jets.

    I cant stand listening to this anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO happy I'm not the only one tired of the whole freaking mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:24 AM

    gagging already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I'm REALLY, REALLY afraid this won't stop any time soon. The whole situation will be analyzed, etc, for the entire season and well into next. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:53 PM

    I agree with DB and I thnks lots of minds are going to change about him and not for the better. I believe he manipulated the entire affair. He wants to play but not with the Packers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kristi: So you are playing the great "La,la,la, I can't hear you--cancel, cancel" game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you got that right girlfriend--i do it for obama ads too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really, is there a politician--national, state OR local--who is worthy of listening to? :D I'd rather READ about them than listen!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...