Saturday, August 09, 2008

And So...

I am a very happy camper! Today we experienced what would normally be considered the first day of fall--if it was later in the year! The temp never got higher than 65 degrees and it is now 52. Absolute heaven. I know, there is something wrong with me. :)

**********

Talked to the youngest tonight while she was 'baby'-sitting. Her 'babies' were a male Westie named Itzhak and a female of mixed breeds named Delcie. The couple who own the dogs don't like to leave them alone for too many hours at a time, so they hire a babysitter for the evening. Unbelievable.

**********

Two months from tonight--9 October--I will be a very happy person: the Red Wings will have their season opener. The Stanley Cup banner will be raised that night, etc. Now THAT would be a game to be at! {sigh} It is getting harder and harder for me to go through a day without being able to look forward to a game. I need a life. :(

**********

I haven't been doing much online for the past few days, but I HAVE been on the computer. I finally decided to order--and received--my anniversary gift. I know I had a hard time deciding, but after realizing that I had some unwritten rules about the gift, the decision came easily. It had been suggested to me that I save up for a really spectacular gift at a later date, but my 'rules' wouldn't allow that. My 'rules' seem to be: the gift has to be something I WANT and not need; I must have immediate--or as close to--satisfaction as possible; and it has to be a bit of a luzury--as in an upgrade of something already owned, for example. So, this year, my anniversary gift wound up being--drum-roll, please--a Creative Zen X-Fi 32GB music/multimedia player. Awesome! Not only does it store 32GB of music, etc, but it also has a slot for an SD card--so even MORE room for music. There is an external speaker, so it can be listened to without earbuds--but the sound is much better (actually is spectacular) WITH the earbuds. It has an FM radio and enhanced X-Fi technology for sound. It also has wireless capability to transfer music from your home network. Quite a neat little piece of technology--and it is the NEWEST player Creative makes, so I am a happy little tech nerd! Here is a pic of my newest toy:
I have almost completed transferring EVERY piece of music that I own. I am loving this thing--it is nummy! :)

**********

Now for a few entries from the police log:

--10:23 AM, belligerent, cursing workers

Well, I guess if you have to work on Monday...


--10:57 AM, shirtless male yelling obscenities

I wonder if he knows the belligerent, cursing workers?


--11:35 AM, blue office chair found

I want to know where it was--and if 'a missing chair' report was called in.


--8:45 PM, used syringe needles found near property

SCARY!


--12:20 AM, bonfire in back yard

YIKES! And the area of the city where this is has houses EXTREMELY close together.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:57 AM

    was the blue chair acting in a suspicious manner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot what smarty pants thing I was going to say after reading ordinaryjanet's comment... LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, burg, I almost spit my coffee all over the screen when I read that! On the other hand, I'm very surprised it DIDN'T say it was acting suspiciously. Gotta love the police logs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...