Friday, August 22, 2008

I Think I'll Whine

Okay, so I should be in a very good mood because of the new Envoy, but I just realized something that makes me want to go in the corner and whine: The students are coming back into town this weekend! {screaming like a banshee!!!} Now I not only have to get used to driving a new vehicle, but I have to do it while trying to avoid the idiots that will be driving around town. Or walking in the roadway like they own it. Or riding bicycles like they were Corvettes. When the students get here, our town becomes the perfect example of the younger generation that believes it is entitled to everything. Everyone is supposed to watch out for them as they eat, drink, talk on their phones, listen to their iPods, while they are walking, driving, etc, and not paying attention to the roads around them or the vehicles driving on them. Looks like I have to become a hermit for a couple of weeks. UGH!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure the corvette bike kids will make for some interesting police entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Well, good luck sharing the road in your new car with a buch of students.

    Id stay home too. If I had that luxury!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. burg: What REALLY makes things interesting is when the kids decide to ride their bikes during the winter--in the snow--on the main streets. Yeah, there should be some interesting police log entries. ;)

    meleah: At least I do grocery shopping at the store where the college students DON'T shop--makes my life MUCH easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the people in "travel states" feel the same when summer comes. Sorry about all the extra peeps. Breathe in, breathe out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristi: We have to deal with the double-edged sword of having students during the winter and tourists in the summer--we NEVER get any rest! ;)

    The biggest problem we have with 'outsiders' is the fact they don't know how to drive on our streets. A lot of the students and most of the tourists come from bigger cities, so they aren't used to two-lane, country-ish roads. It makes for quite a mess. And THEN we get the snow...OY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:49 PM

    wanna trade lives?

    just kidding.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...