Friday, July 24, 2009

Insurance

Don't get me wrong, we have wonderful health insurance--and we are blessed with prescription insurance, as well. If it wasn't for insurance, I would not be using Enbrel, as it costs WAY too much. For the three months I have been using Enbrel, the regular cost is about $10,000--I only paid $30. Now that I am on maintenance, this year's cost will be about $25,000 (total) and I will pay $120 out-of-pocket (total.) As I said, wonderful insurance. However... (you KNEW there was going to be a 'however,' didn't you?)

The day before I saw the dermatologist, the insurance company called the dr's office and asked if my prescription would be refilled. The dr's office called me and asked for any pertinent info, but we put the refill request on hold till I saw the dr. Yesterday, the nurse faxed my prescription in--as per the preferred method. Today, I got a call (pre-recorded) from the company asking if I wanted them to get in touch with my dr in order to get a new scrip. BUT, before this, they had sent me an email saying that they received the fax from the dr's office, yesterday, and were working on filling it. So, to sum up: the company calls and tells me they don't have a new prescription for me, but they send me an email saying they DO have one. Obviously, the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. And this goes on ALL. OF. THE. TIME. We'll get reminder emails AND phone calls about needing to refill a prescription one time, but have to remember on our own the next week. Sometimes we get MULTIPLY reminders about something and sometimes, NOTHING. No rhyme or reason behind what is happening. This bureaucratic bullshit drives me absolutely crazy, but there is nothing that I can do about it--except come on here and piss and moan. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...