Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Onstar Ready

We are coming up on the one year anniversary of buying our Envoy and that means we will have to continue our subscription to Onstar. We were given a free year of Onstar because the Envoy was a new vehicle, so now we have to decide whether the added cost will we worth it or not. And the cost is NOT a small amount. K was making noises the other day that we may just give it up. After tonight, I will do everything in my power to keep Onstar.

Our street was finally open enough for me to get out and do some much needed shopping tonight. This included going to the grocery store and Walmart. After I spent way too much time and way too much money in Walmart, I got to the Envoy and opened the hatch-back door and placed my purchases inside. For some reason or other--and I have NO explanation for this--I put my keys down on the floor near where the door hatch/closure is. When I closed the door, it must have hit one of the buttons on the remote, because the doors locked and the alarm started to beep. Of course, without the remote in my hand, I couldn't STOP the alarm. I had to stand and wait--in all my embarrassed glory--till the alarm stopped on its own. Thank goodness I had my cell phone in my pocket, so I was able to call Onstar and ask them to unlock the doors for me. It only took about five minutes and I was on my way. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE ONSTAR!!!!!!!!! I bow down to whoever came up with this wonderful technology.

Bowing 5

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    By all means keep it if yo can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're kind of klutzy and do unexplainable things like I do, it sure is nice to have one more thing on your side! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onstar Rules! If I ever get a new car I must have Onstar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why I keep a spare door key in my wallet...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel: I WILL NOT be without it anymore--and I let K know that in no uncertain terms!

    RT: I agree, HOWEVER, I was just lucky that I didn't leave my purse in the Envoy when it locked--and that is where MY wallet is. ;) I AM lucky that I keep my cell phone in my pocket, otherwise I could have been royally screwed big time.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...