Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cujo VS The Dominator

And The Dominator came out on top. Yes, the Wings won over Phoenix 4-2 tonight. It was a pretty good game--at least they played more than a 20 minute game! Zetterberg did some of the magic that he does--damn, but the man makes it look so easy. I'm afraid Detroit is going to have to let someone go after Zetterberg negotiates his next contract--he will DEFINITELY need to get a raise. Damn salary cap--they could keep all of the high-end players they wanted if it wasn't for that cap.

During the game, and especially after the win, I couldn't help but think of the feud between Hasek and Curtis Joseph. They were both goalies for Detroit several years ago and, for whatever reason (long story), the bad blood became so bad that they couldn't even sit next to each other in the locker room. Yup, the third goalie had to be the buffer between the two of them. Instead of two grown men, top professionals in their field, I could only think of little girls out on the playground. This made me wonder: did Hasek do a little victory dance after he beat his rival? Did he make faces at him and say 'nanner, nanner'? Did Cujo have a voodoo doll of Hasek and did he put in pins to aggravate the old groin injury? Did each give the other the old 'evil eye' across the rink? Kind of fun to wonder about--after all, they are just human beings. And, being professional athletes, they have somewhat large egos--Hasek's being a bit larger, I would have to say. Probably would be interesting to be able to read their minds.

Tomorrow night they play in St. Louis--will have to see if they can keep it together for two nights in a row. I'm not expecting too much: Joey MacDonald will be in net for Detroit. And I really can't blame Joey, it's just that he hasn't been played hardly at all this year, so he can't be up to speed. Time will tell--I hope for the best for Joey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...