Friday, February 16, 2007

A Little Of This, A Little Of That...AND some hockey

--The town is all set and ready for the annual dog sled races. They bring snow into the downtown area, on the main street, and that is where the race starts. This all will be happening tomorrow evening and continue through the weekend, ending some time on Sunday. K asked me if I wanted to go and watch the start of the race. HA, HA!!!! I don't care WHAT the temps might be--right now they are thinking maybe the low teens--I have no intention of standing around in the middle of the winter just to watch dogs start running!

--I don't know where the problem lies, but Site Meter hasn't been recording all of the visitors to this blog. The reason I know this: first, I have seen the visits recorded on StatCounter; second, people who have not been recorded have left comments. Strange.

--Talked to A tonight and she thinks she may allergic to her vitamins! All winter long she has been all stuffy and every time I time I talk to her it sounds as if she has a cold. It has become so prevalent that I just quit asking her if she is feeling okay. (Her co-workers have commented on how she is ALWAYS sick, too!) Well, it seems as if she was feeling a bit nauseous a few days ago and she stopped taking her vitamins. This caused her to 'unstuff.' Then she went back to taking her vitamins and all of her 'cold' symptoms have returned! Now she has to talk to her doctor and see if the allergy thing is possible and if she has to be tested. Weird!

--Our three-year-old granddaughter was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with a genital hernia. A couple of days ago, they took her to see a surgeon for evaluation and she will be having surgery the end of this month. I guess this is something quite common in boys, but a bit unusual in girls. The surgeon wants to take care of things while she is still young enough so that things don't get more complicated. It is always something when you have kids!

--Here is a post on mental_floss entitled 'World's most dangerous road?' It is a tunnel dug through a rocky cliff somewhere in China and the pictures are awesome. It is the most frightening thing! It is hard to describe--click on the link and see the pictures for yourself.

--Daisy Singer Alexander, the only heir to the Singer sewing machine fortune, was quite eccentric. She would put messages in bottles and drop them in the River Thames. In June of 1937, she wrote the following and put it in a bottle: "To avoid all confusion, I leave my entire estate to the lucky person who finds this bottle." She then threw the bottle in the river. In 1940, Alexander died. In 1949, in San Francisco, a dishwasher by the name of Jack Wrum was walking along the beach and found a bottle. Inside the bottle was a note. Jack Wrum inherited 8 million dollars because of the note inside the bottle. (courtesy of mental_floss)

--I hate to see what our yard will look like when the snow goes. Once again, I witnessed our neighbor's rather big dog taking a dump in our yard! And he was outside the whole time, probably watching the damn dog doing it! Pisses me off.

--K went back to work after his long weekend on the 8th. When it is all said and done, he will have his next day off around the 23rd. At least, we THINK he will have a day off then. He isn't SCHEDULED to work that day, but with the overtime, who knows.

--I am so bummed! The Wings play in Phoenix on Saturday night and I will not get to see the game! The ONLY channel that is broadcasting it is one of the NHL channels that you have to pay for. And I'm not sure if you can only buy one game or if you have to buy an entire package. I have to call our cable company tomorrow and see what the deal is--hopefully it won't be too expensive and I can get to see the game after all.

--Well, all of the speculation is over: Forsberg was traded to Nashville. I don't know how I feel about this. First, it probably wouldn't have been very comfortable for some of the Wing players to have him at Detroit--after all, there IS history. Second, it is being talked that this could be just what Nashville needs in order to win the Cup this year. Without wanting to wish any harm to a person, it might be to Detroit's advantage if Forsberg's foot starts acting up again. Time will tell on whether Nashville did good with this trade. And there is always the possiblity that Detroit will trade for someone that will help them even more than Forsberg could possibly have done.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:32 AM

    This may sound crazy, but tell A if her vitamins are red or orange, that could be the problem! Started having the same cold thing plus tummy problems-quit the vitamins and was fine. Found some that don't have the red dye in them and am fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww. Neighbor dog poop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoopergirl: That is exactly where my thought process was going. She was feeling a little sheepish about the whole thing, but I told her it ISN'T all in her head, she COULD be allergic to something!

    Burg: You would think that living in a town with a leash ordinance for BOTH cats and dogs that we wouldn't have this problem! No such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leash laws are probably the most ignored laws around. I love animals but irresponsible owners should have to go around town, cleaning all the animal poop...bare handed!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...