Thursday, February 08, 2007

Stopped At 175

The Red Wings lost tonight to St. Louis--and were shut out at the same time. So the record ends at 175 games without being shut out--the last time was 7 January 2004. (The score tonight was 1-0.) Really, with the way Detroit played tonight, they deserved to lose. HOWEVER, Joey MacDonald didn't deserve the loss--he was very good in goal, having stopped 28 of 29 shots. It would be nice if he could have been awarded the win--and the team not get any points--just for the good effort he made. He didn't have a team backing him well enough--he couldn't do it all himself, and so the Wings are now 3 points behind Nashville for the top spot in the Central Division. And they would have had the top spot to themselves with a win. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...