Sunday, February 25, 2007

Short Post-season?

After the games of the last two nights, I really am afraid that the Wings will not get past the first round of the playoffs. They still are not playing consistently enough and it is too late in the season to say they WILL get it together.

Last night's game against Edmonton brought back nightmares of last year's playoffs. I wonder if the Wings had flashbacks which caused them to not play as well as they could? They just CAN'T lose overtime games like that and expect to get the Cup.

Tonight was a fairly good game, but they lost again in overtime. While I don't think anyone could have stopped the tying goal late in the third period, the Wings shouldn't have let Nashville get to the point where they COULD tie the game. And how pissed off am I that Forsberg got his first point AND his first goal playing for Nashville against the Wings?!?!?! And to add insult to injury, he got the winning goal!

Some good things ARE happening, though. Holmstrom got his second hat trick tonight! Good thing they signed him for another three years or some other team would be trying to get him. Also, the Wings are beginning to play a bit more physically. When you have Zetterberg AND Datsyuk making some heavy hits during a game, then things are moving in the right direction. Now all they need is someone who can do a little bit of enforcing and things might not look so gloomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...