Thursday, February 15, 2007

They Redeemed Themselves

While tonight wasn't the best game I have seen, at least the Wings won 3-1. It really was quite a boring game until the third period. Then, again, the Wings became fired up and started to play amazing hockey. Dallas scored in the second and the Wings were scoreless until Datsyuk scored in the third. If Detroit's first goal of the game isn't featured in all of the highlight reels for a long time to come, no goal will be. Zetterberg was rushing toward the net with the puck, started skating around the back of it, as he is known to do, and at the last possible moment he passed the puck BACKWARDS, between his own legs AND a Dallas player's legs, and got it to Datsyuk to score. Beauty, grace, talent--absolutely amazing. Zetterberg is very possibly the best player in the NHL, and he doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he does. Later, he scored the winning goal.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg celebrate the winning goal:

(AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

It will make for much nicer pictures when Zetterberg gets those teeth fixed! :) I believe he chipped one tooth and knocked off a crown on another. What a way to make a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...