Friday, February 02, 2007

Too Cold For Hockey...

...at least it would be if the rink was outside! Right now we are at about -6 degrees with a wind chill of -15. Compared to what it is going to be tomorrow, the weather is absolutely balmy. The wind chill is supposed to be between 25 and 40 below zero, or as we like to say, "A little chilly." :D Welcome to our yearly cold snap--and I hope it only happens once this year. Surprisingly, the house hasn't felt cold--we'll have to see what it's like tomorrow, though.

Today has been a day of catch-up, just as every day after a trip is. It seems as if it takes forever for me to get everything done when I get home. I'm still trying to finish up the laundry.

The Wings played St. Louis tonight and it certainly was an entertaining game. Some beautiful goals were made, one of the Wings got slashed with a stick to the face (no damage was done), and the Wings' goalie was knocked on his ass in a not nice way. There were even a few minor scuffles--no fights, though. {boo hoo} All in all, a very good game--and, of course, the fact that Detroit won 5-3 made the game even better! :)

4 comments:

  1. Geez! I'm such a wienee for complaining about 28 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is supposed to last through Monday! At least I don't have to go anywhere--thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?????

    To cold for Hockey?

    Just drink more LaBatts, eh!

    Go Flyers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom: As long as the players are older than 12! Any younger and they have to rely on hot chocolate--just not the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...