Tuesday, February 20, 2007

In My World

So, what has been going on in my world? Not a whole lot, that's for sure. K is on night shift, so that means alone time for me--which isn't always that bad of a thing! Other than that, here we go:

--Yesterday I went for my semi-regular blood-letting. Yup, that means I have a doctor appointment next week. Again, I believe I have gained a couple of pounds and I'm waiting--read that as scared--to see if he will say something to me about it. It really is hard to do something about your weight when food is your drug of choice--and I have had ample reason for self-medicating these last couple of months. I know that is an excuse, but...I'm still waiting for whatever clicked with me to quit smoking to finally click and I will be able to start losing the enormous amount of pounds I need to get rid of!

--For the past couple of days we have had temps in the mid-30s--at least in my backyard! The warm temps combined with the sunshine today has caused a big reduction in the depth of the snow--I actually can see some bits of bare ground out there. Whenever we get the mid-winter thaw, it is so nice while it lasts. However, it is that much harder to accept the next winter storm that we inevitably get.

--Is everyone as 'over' the Anna Nicole thing as much as I am? For crying out loud, do DNA testing on half of the male population of the Western Hemisphere and find out who that poor baby's father is already! And, PLEASE, bury that woman for pity's sake! Doesn't she deserve a little bit of decency?

--Glad to see that Britney is in rehab--hope she stays there this time and that all works out well for her. Those babies of hers deserve a healthy, sane mother.

--While I haven't actually seen anything more than a few birds at our feeders, there are a number of 'footy prints' all over the backyard. I can see some bird prints and rabbit prints, but there are some I'm not able to identify. The larger ones I think are from a dog, but I want to believe they are from another larger, wild, animal--though I don't think that is the case. I believe I am also seeing prints from the grey squirrel, which I am NOT convinced has left our attic. And there are tunnels in the snow, which are made by shrews or moles. I have actually seen them pop out from under the snow in years gone past, so I know that is what makes the tunnels.

--Since the beginning of this television season, I definitely have dropped a lot of 'must-see' shows. However, I still am liking a few. I picked up 'The Dresden Files,' a new series on the Sci-Fi channel, and am really enjoying it. It is like a cross between 'Harry Potter' and 'Supernatural'--a nice little piece of entertainment. I was all set to give up on 'Heroes' and decided to watch it last night. It turned out to be a decent episode and I guess I will keep that one in the rotation. 'Prison Break' had a few surprises, which were good, but I don't see how they can sustain this series after this year--if they ever planned on it, that is. And I'm still loving '24'--I could watch Jack Bauer getting all macho every day. LOVED the little surprise at the end of the episode, too!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo over the Anna Nicole thing...

    I'm not into many shows at all.. I like Scrubs on NBC, and I love LOVE Psych on USA... It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really got into 'Scrubs,' but I find 'Psych' funny, too. I watch 'Monk,'also--but not for the story lines, which just aren't that great most of the time--but because of Tony Shaloub. The man was BORN to play Monk--he is just too good at it!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...