Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hank's Hat Trick

Henrik Zetterberg scored his first NHL career hat trick against Phoenix tonight in a 4-1 win. Hot damn I wish I could have seen that! I DID listen to the game on the radio via the web, but it just ain't the same. :) However, it really made me realize just how much I actually do miss listening to good radio--something we are sorely lacking here. If I could convince K, I would love to have satellite radio--but he likes to listen to local stations wherever we are, so that isn't going to happen. Anyway, this moves the Wings to first in their division, first in their conference, and second in the league--and they are only one point behind Buffalo overall! There are still two months left of the regular season, so it doesn't REALLY mean all that much, but it is a good feeling nonetheless. (And it just might shut up some of the people who said the Wings were washed up when Yzerman retired and Shanahan left!)

It also was announced that Tomas Holmstrom has signed a three-year contract extension. Good news, as he really is doing some good work on the ice. Homer would be missed a lot if he wasn't there being a 'pest' in front of the other team's net game after game after game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...