Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Detroit 2, Nashville 1

Since the powers-that-be decided there will be no more tie games in the NHL, we have had to see way too many shoot-outs. This has taken the thrill out of the penalty shot for a lot of fans. But tonight, I LOVED watching the penalty shot that Detroit was awarded. Why? Because Filppula--my baby boy--was the one who got to make the shot. AND he got a goal--which just happened to be the game winning goal! It was glorious--he made all the right moves and beat Nashville's goalie beautifully. This gives him two goals in the last two games. Good job.

The Wings certainly didn't win this game in a pretty way--they really looked tired in the third. And, rightfully so. They have played three games in the last four days, one of which they played yesterday. Nashville came into tonight's game fresh, but the Wings still managed to win. They are now, once again, on a seven game winning streak. Ozzie was the reason for the win--he was absolutely amazing again. I know the chances are about slim to none, but it would be great if he would be voted onto the all-star team as a write-in. He deserves every bit of praise he has gotten so far this year--I hope he continues the good work.

Starting Thursday, Detroit will play four games at home. At least they won't have the traveling to look forward to--thank goodness!

2 comments:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...