Friday, December 21, 2007

You Paid WHAT???

I believe most of us realize that buying any of the 'big' birds, such as parrots, is expensive. For example, a Hyacinth Macaw will run you $6,500-10,000. A little bit out of the range of most people. They ARE beautiful creatures, for sure.




While the macaw is very expensive to buy, I think pound for pound, some saltwater fish are more expensive. And I bet most people don't even realize just HOW expensive they are. Are any of these on YOUR Christmas list? (All pictures and prices are from LiveAquaria.com)

Red Tooth Triggerfish


This bad boy can be had for the price of $199.99



Giant Cream and Pink Wartskin Angler


This one is $299.99, on sale for $249.99.



Australian Blue Devil


This fish can be had for the low, low cost of $329.99--on sale from the regular cost of $399.99.



Deepwater Tongan Goldenback Triggerfish


This specimen lists at $1199.99 at LiveAquaria.com, but you can get it on sale for only $729.99


Japanese Dragon Eel


The dragon eel is priced at $999.99.

Do the people who buy these have to find ways to spend their money, or what? I LOVE watching fish in an aquarium and have had an aquarium of my own in the past, but at THESE prices?!?! Unbelievable!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd no idea fish were so expensive. I'll stick to the screensaver aquarium on my laptop I think, doesn't cost anything, and you don't have to feed them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...