Friday, December 21, 2007

Just Another Day

I had to go and do some grocery shopping tonight--after all, my baby girl is supposed to be here on Sunday! I just can't wait! (Can you feel me smiling?) Anyway, I had to run into Shopko first and I discovered a very disturbing thing: They had a display of VALENTINE'S DAY socks in the women's sock aisle! Um, we aren't even done with Christmas yet, much less into the new year. I just don't understand this shit!

**********

C continues with the contractions--they just haven't been strong enough, regular enough, or bothersome enough for her to go to the hospital. She figures she will give birth within the week, as her last progesterone shot wore off today--that means any time now. Knowing her, she will be in the hospital on Christmas Eve and give birth sometime during the early morning hours of Christmas. How fun.

**********

Detroit lost to St. Louis tonight, 3-2. I don't understand HOW they have such a hard time against the Central teams. (Um, Chicago, anyone?) Detroit was 19 points ahead of the next team in the Central before their loss tonight--I just don't get it.

Sadly, Holmstrom re-hurt his right knee in the first period. He never returned to the game. Losing him is a great, big 'uh-oh' for the Wings--the great un-sung hero. And after he just came back from being out for two games with an injury to the same knee. Yikes.

The bright spot of the game for me: Baby Boy scored the first goal for Detroit! This is his fourth goal in the last five games. He is on a roll. Amazingly, he was quoted earlier today--while talking about the past few games--as saying, "I don't think I played that well. I think there's a lot to improve. I've been playing good but I think I can be better." Don't be too hard on yourself, Baby Boy--you are doing fine--and will continue to improve. (I can't imagine the kind of pressure he--as well as so many other players--have to endure. He is only 23 years old!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...