Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Life As I Know It

Yesterday we were out of the house before 7:00 AM--and for those of you who know me, that is a BIG deal--and on the road. By the time we had eaten breakfast at the Appleton IHOP, all of the stores were open, so off we went. I managed to get to most of my usual stores--didn't do DSW because I have too many pairs of shoes as it is--and dropped in to a few that I have missed the last couple of trips. I believe we are done with our Christmas shopping now. Well, except for K's secret Santa gift, but I don't buy that anyway. The worst thing about me finishing up my shopping early is that I can think of all these other things that I want to buy--and then go ahead and buy them! I REALLY have to use a lot of restraint. We DID get some clothes for the grandkids, but they were needed--all of the kids seem to be blowing out their pants at the same time. (Actually, Marcus took a pair of scissors to his newest pair, so that is why HE needed new ones.) I remembered to go to Build-a-Bear and get the soon-to-be-born baby her first stuffed bear--just like I have done for all the rest. We got home around 8:30 PM and I was exhausted. Shopping and traveling will do that to a person.

As I mentioned, we got home late--and we had already missed half of the hockey game! I managed to find a radio station carrying it, but as we came down in elevation into town, we lost it. At least I got to see the finish--the three shoot-out goals were wonderful. And the Wings won, 4-3 over the Caps.

It is times like last night when I REALLY want XM Radio, but I don't think I would use it enough to justify the cost. (We just aren't away from the house often enough when the Wings have a game.) K listens to the radio all of the time, but when we travel, especially, he likes to listen to local stations. He likes to hear weather and traffic conditions for wherever we are. I, on the other hand, very rarely listen to the radio. When we go on trips, I plug myself into my MP3 player and go to sleep, so the radio is lost on me. I probably would listen to the radio much more if I could get music I wanted to hear, but right now I can't. Oh, well.

C has officially been pregnant long enough, so that if she went into labor now, she would be allowed to deliver where she is. Her C-section has been scheduled for 3 January, but she is bound and determined that this kid will be born before Christmas! And so she cleans. She figures that if she moves around enough--after all, she WAS on partial bed rest for most of the pregnancy--she will be able to get that kid out. And if anyone can WILL herself to give birth, C is the one to do it. She is quite something.

Talking to A tonight, I finally realized that I have to get moving and get stuff done around here: she and her husband could be here already on Sunday! Their plans aren't completely finalized, but it looks as if they might be here for two nights. I can't wait--it has been too long since they were here last.

In the news:

--Dan Fogelberg died. Many of you probably don't know who he was. The really sad part about this is, he was only 56 years old and died of prostate cancer. He wasn't diagnosed early enough to be helped. This is a reminder to all men and women: Men, get yourselves checked ASAP! Women, got the men in your lives checked ASAP! This is a survivable cancer if caught early enough.

--Pam Anderson filed for divorce from her husband of two months. And then she changed her mind. No comment.

--Jamie Lynn Spears--Britney's 16-year-old sister--is pregnant. Now, I realize these things happen. C was pregnant--as big as a house--at her high school graduation. My mother was married and got pregnant with me--in that order--at the age of 16. Probably the only reason I DIDN'T get pregnant in high school was my fear of my parents, but I was lucky that my boyfriend at the time respected me enough to go along with my 'hands-off' policy. I KNOW these things happen. Mistakes are made. But, I really wonder what this family is like--I mean, look at the mess that is Britney! I really hate to say it, but poor white trash just doesn't seem harsh enough for them. Really.

--And, of course, the repercussions continue over the steroid/baseball scandal. There just are no heroes anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I was sad to hear about Dan Fogelberg. His Netherlands album was one of my favorites...well it still is. I need to get it in a cd.

    Hopefully Jamie Lynn Spears will prove to not be such a whack job as her sister. At this point I don't think Britney even really cares if she ever has her kids by the way she never shows up for important court dates in the custody hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly sad to see what has happened to Britney--not that I EVER was a fan, but she is a young woman with a long life ahead and should get herself on a better path. Hopefully the sister will do things in a better way.

    As for Fogelberg--he was just a blip on my radar, unfortunately. I always was a little more into heavy metal/hard rock, etc, until I got older and refined my tastes a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...